Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So close and yet so far

It's the little things that hurt the most sometimes.

The plumbers came last week to finish up, and discovered:

  1. The sink was the wrong color (oh, and they only discovered this after installing it and then opening up the box with the toilet and recognizing that was a completely different color). Interestingly, the box the sink came in says "Biscuit," but the sink was white.

  2. The toilet sits snug against the wall. So snug, in fact, that the tile base trim is too wide and would have to be removed before the toilet could be installed.

The carpeting went in without a hitch and looks great.

So here's what's left.

  • Touch-up paint (they come back on Friday)
  • Sink install (two week wait to get the right sink)
  • Toilet install (they'll do that when they come back to do the sink)
  • Fix the tile base around the toilet
  • Install the towel bars, TP roll holder, and robe hook
  • Shower door/glass and mirror (also about two weeks)
  • Carpet install in the hallway and stairs (I bought that separately from the carpet store down the block; it goes in next Tuesday)

I bought a bed and two nightstands; they were delivered today. Also bought a new TV (seen in photo below) that was delivered today and will be wall-mounted a week from Saturday. And I bought a Shoji screen to separate the bedroom area from the office area. I'm not sure when the window treatments will be in. But I'm going to try to get the bed set up on Saturday so I can move in (even though I'll still have to use the upstairs bathroom for a couple of weeks).

Here are two views of the bedroom. See my Panasonic 42" plasma and all the spots for touch-up.

And two views of the bathroom. See my shower fixtures and my uninstalled toilet.


No comments: