Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dizzy on the color wheel

All of a sudden things seem to be coming together really well. The tile is done (sort of, but keep reading), and all the carpentry is done. The painters started today with priming the walls, and they'll be painting for the better part of the next week.


Picking colors was the hardest part of this project, which is silly, since it's the one decision I am not locked into forever. If I really don't like the colors, I can always repaint. But I kept considering one color palette after another, asked all kinds of friends for advice, and never got any closer to making up my mind. Finally I went to a paint and decorator place near where I work and got some advice, and then I just went with them, because they're the professionals.


So, as for the tile, it looks just incredible. I'm very psyched. But it turns out that the tile setter cut the wrong size holes for the shower, and he's going to have to redo some of them.

See the blue box? That was supposed to be a template for the opening for the two shower tiles. But you can see he just cut tiny little holes for the shower tiles. That's no big deal, because he can use his grinder tool to cut them bigger. But he used that template to cut the holes for the controls -- the big square holes on the left -- and the only solution there is going to be to cut the tiles out and replace them. He'll do that when he comes back to do the backsplash, which won't happen until after the countertop for the vanity is in place.

The vanity looks great! You can't tell from the picture because it's so dark, but it really does.

No comments: