Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Glorious Color

All the angst about color was worth it.

Up til now the painters have been doing priming and masking, but today there's color on the walls.

And it's even better than I imagined from the paint chips.

Here are my colors (or at least the best approximations you can get on your monitor), all from Benjamin Moore.

This is for the walls in the hallway leading from the stairs to the bedroom. It's the same wall color for most of the upstairs of my house: Baby Fawn. (Aren't baby fawns spotted?)


This is the bedroom walls: Bennington Gray. (I don't know why it's called "gray," but it looks beautiful on the walls; not too light and not too dark.)

This is the bathroom wall color: Fairview Taupe. (Taupe??? It just looks like the most luscious brown ever to me.)

And this is the trim color, for moldings, walls, and ceilings: Swiss Coffee. (Coffee??? I don't care if it's Swiss or anything else; no matter how much milk I've ever put in coffee, it doesn't come out anything close to this color.)


According to my project manager, we're about three weeks from finishing. Tomorrow the countertop folks are coming to make the template, and it'll be a week or so until that's done. I've been trying to set up a time to meet the glass guy and talk about shower door and mirror. But nothing much can happen until the counter is in place. Then they'll complete the tile (backsplash, cove base, and redo the shower tiles that were cut wrong), do the finish plumbing (sink, toilet, faucet, and all the fixtures in the shower) and and electrical (light fixtures, switches, plugs), carpeting, and install the closet system (which is in boxes in my garage).

Then comes decorating. I've already picked out my new bed:


And my new nightstands:


And maybe this armoire for my TV:

All are from http://www.affordable-beds.com/.

And I found this Shoji screen I really like at http://www.iroomdividers.com/ to separate the bedroom area from where my office will be: I'd kind of like to get a new desk too. I'm thinking of something like this (from West Elm):



But after all this is over, I'm not making another decision for a year!

1 comment:

The Herlings said...

Thanks for the taupe wall suggestion, I am going to look into it for our living room colors. Funny that you mention your trim in Swiss Coffee, that is exactly my plan too!