Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day Ten

They've been at it for ten days. The framing is done, the plumbing rough-in is done, and the electrical rough-in is underway. Next week they'll be repairing the concrete and probably will start drywall.

I selected a light fixture for inside the closet. It's Energy Star rated, using compact fluorescent bulbs:


Here are some pictures after ten days of construction. This one shows the framing for the closet and bathroom:

Here's the shower, or what will be the shower. You can see the shower head and two body tiles just right of center, then just to the left of the tiles is the connection for the hand-held, and to the left are the three valves. The leftmost valve controls just the main showerhead. The next one over from that turns on water for either the body sprays or the handheld, and the one just below that switches between those two. I won't be able to use the body sprays and the handheld at the same time; it's the compromise I had to make to get everything I wanted without spending an extra $10K.
Here's where the vanity will go. There's a half wall on the left.
And here's my new electric tankless on-demand hot water heater (with the cover removed). This will hook up only to the main showerhead. The other three will draw from my existing tank. I was astonished at how small it is. But it draws 28,000 watts of power.

I had to make decisions about locations on all these valves and sprays this week, plus the locations of wall switches, outlets, and light fixtures. It wasn't easy.

Complicating it all, I had my new alarm system installed on Wednesday... and fixed on Thursday... and fixed again today, Saturday. He programmed it wrong, and there were other wiring problems, and he disconnected my phone in the process. Today I found out that he wasn't the only one who disconnected my phone. It turns out that when they removed the phone jack from the downstairs bedroom, they reconnected the wrong wires. I finally got it all working. Now I just need to paint where the old alarm sensors were replaced with new ones.

Fun!

No comments: