Sunday, January 13, 2008

Polished Chrome or Brushed Nickel?

Choices! Choices! How do I make up my mind?


Some things were easy. I picked out this sink:



However, I wanted to go with a wall-mount faucet, and I couldn't find one I liked that also fit the specifications for the sink (which called for a 12" spout). And I really want a single-handle faucet, so when one hand is busy with a comb or razor or toothbrush, the other one has full control of water flow and temperature. So I think I've settled on getting the sink with single faucet hole and this faucet:


Meanwhile, I've selected this toilet. Not only is it cool looking, but it's a dual-flush (one low-volume flush for pee, and one higher-volume flush for poop).


And I decided on a showerhead, hand-held, plus two Kohler Water Tiles:



The thing I'm debating now is polished chrome or brushed nickel? Please give me some advice fast!

Also, I met with the plumber last week and got some bad news. It seems my existing 50-gallon hot water tank will allow me the luxury of using my new spa shower for about 2 minutes at a time before I use up most of the hot water. So it looks like I'm going to have to replace it with a couple of tankless on-demand hot water heaters. Well, at least it's more environmentally friendly.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think brushed nickel looks very classy, and fingerprints don't show up as much... :)

Margot said...

Totally agree with Melissa.
I'm being forced to remodel my basement bath because of flooding so I'll be following your progress with interest. The walk-in shower looks intriguing. Is it twice as big as a normal bath/shower arrangement?