Monday, January 14, 2008

Polished chrome it is.

Thanks to Melissa and Margot for the input. I really was torn, because I do like the serene feeling of the brushed nickel, but I also like the gleam and sparkle of the polished chrome.

It wasn't really a matter of the money, because if I had a strong feeling, I would've spent more to get what I really like, but because I was torn, I didn't see any point in spending more for the one over the other. And since the polished chrome is significantly less expensive, that seems like a reasonable choice.

And it's not a trivial difference. The retail price on the faucet alone is $312 for polished chrome and $452 for brushed nickel. Add all the shower features--showerhead, handheld, slider bar for the handheld, all the valves (1 temperature control and 3 volume controls), and I probably save around $1000 by going with polished chrome.


Here are some more pictures: the showerhead and the handheld and the temperature valve.




Next: I'm meeting with my contractor on Wednesday morning to talk about all the plans. I'm hoping by then he'll have the options for the hot water heater for me to decide on.

No comments: