Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vanity, thy name is...

I keep second guessing myself.

Here are samples of what I've picked out for the vanity wood and top and the floor and shower wall tile. I put them on the existing bathroom floor just for kicks. That hideous floor will be gone before much longer. (Click on the pics for close-up views.)


I really love the tile and the wood, but I might need to go back to the countertop place and look at some more samples, because I'm just not sure. I think I might like something darker.

The square tiles are 19 x 19. They'll be used for the floor. The oblong tiles are 10 x 19, and they'll be used for the shower walls. The shower floor will be a 1 x 1 version of the same tile. And there are decorative tiles that coordinate, and they'll be interspersed with the floor tile. There will also be a 4" band of the mosaic at eye level in the shower. And the backsplash for the vanity will have the same 4" band between two strips of the tile. It's going to be awesome.

The counter top is DuPont Zodiaq. The color is Antique Pearl. It's pretty much exactly the same thing as Cambria and CaesarStone.

I compared many samples of all three, and this seems to be the best choice to pull together the tile and the wood, but I just feel like there might be something better. It's so hard!!!

No comments: